12a. Where is the line for you? what action could Trump take that would ensure you’d fight against him and his supporters?
12b. Where is your red line? What won’t you sign off on?
12c. I’ll bite. What would have to happen to make meaningful conservative opposition to Trump occur?
This is a stupid question. Really. There really isn’t one thing that would have to happen because I’m not a single issue voter. I can, and will, oppose stances on some issues, because the only President I would agree with 100% of the time would be me. But opposition, such as the left currently wants? I can’t see him crossing any line that would make me oppose him as as a whole?
Obviously some issues are more important than others, but for the sake of conversation here, what would it take? He would have to:
- Turn pro-choice on abortion
- Turn a blind eye to illegal immigration
- Turn against school choice
- Support industry crippling regulations (think EPA and coal miners)
- Fall in love with Obamacare
- Use the IRS as a weapon against political opponents
- Use the EPA as a weapon against political opponents
- Use the DOJ as a weapon against political opponents
- Favor expanding the role of government as a mechanism for “Social Justice”
- Support mythical problems like White Privilege and Black Lives Matter
- Support liberal college indoctrination instead of education, as well as safe spaces, and free speech zones
I suppose he could break the law. In that case, I would call for his impeachment, but I don’t see that happening. And it’s certainly not like the liberal hysteria where they see him breaking the law at every turn. Seriously. It seems like all he has to do is sneeze, and they object.
Anyway, I could keep going, but you get the idea. He would have to turn into a liberal.