John Hawkins of Townhall asked:
“I’m doing a Townhall column where I’ll honestly, w/out sarcasm, answer liberal questions to conservatives. Any libs want to ask questions?”
He actually wound up writing a second column as well. I enjoyed both very much, but as I was reading, I found myself thinking about how I would respond to those questions if they had been asked of me. So I decided this would be a golden opportunity to provide another perspective from another conservative. There’s nothing wrong with Hawkin’s answers, but I thought it would be fun, and a good writing exercise to answer each one from my point of view, with my additional thoughts, and in a couple places, where we differ.
This is the index to those questions and my responses.
- Do Republicans honestly believe voter fraud is a real issue?
- Why are conservatives anti-progress?
- How can a Christian deny Arab child refugees?
- Why do so many people say Trump isn’t racist?
- Doesn’t President Trump alarm you?
- How does one square pro-life and anti-welfare?
- If conservatives believed in the marketplace of ideas, wouldn’t they want everyone to vote?
- Why are conservatives against an investigation of Donald Trump’s Russian ties?
- What is up with the obsession some conservatives have with cuckoldry?
- Why don’t conservatives care about climate change and the future?
- What is the conservative view of Trump’s infrastructure plan?
- What would President Trump have to do for me to turn against him?
- Do you still believe Trump’s business conflicts won’t be a problem?
- Why do Conservatives only trust media that flatters current admin?
- Why should we allow Bannon to wield power and influence?
- How can a conservative square funding for the wall?
- Does it bother you that rich people have the same wealth as the bottom half of the world population?